In no particular order:
- The hospitality of Tink and Mike (well, ok, this is #1)
- "Skip" the Kashmiri cabdriver: "My GPS has never let me down."
- Seven yellow jerseys on the wall of Mellow Johnny's
- The staff of Mellow Johnny's giving me a beer after my talk. And it was a Sierra Nevada.
- Having one ear feel 30 degrees colder than the other on the Rosedale Ride due to 30 mph crosswind
- Sandy's leg warmers
- Preston's leg warmers
- Riding for Jose
- Jalapeno stuffed with cheese and wrapped with bacon after Rosedale Ride
- Pork sandwich after Rosedale Ride
- Tink's instructions to me on how to heat water in the microwave
- Chili queso fries at Shady Grove
- Missing the thunderstorm on the Friday ride because I was asleep after 24 hours of travel
- Getting to know Cake, Mia, Danielle, Gail, Suzy, Hannah, Jody, and other tri-ers I met for the first time. Insanely cool crew.
- Selling all my books!
- Toy Joy: the most amazing toy store ever. I want to do all my Xmas shopping there
- The roasted nut bar at the Mother Ship, staffed by Sir Real. So much cooler than tossing salmon around. (Sorry Seattle)
- Icing my knee instead of walking/wogging the Capitol 10k. Well, ok, that wasn't so great, but I enjoyed watching Legally Blonde while icing.
- WW Tri-ers recipe book!
- Constant flash of cameras giving paparazzi like feel of celebrity for everyone
- Getting my nose THIS CLOSE to a Shakespeare First Folio. 1623. A book from 1623. And not just any book. That book. Unbelievable.
- Garden gnomes in burnt orange at the UT Coop
- Mike and Tink's house margaritas
- Austin white limestone
- The view from the Oasis
- Perfect Meltdown floating on Chambord
- Baby Elise - the happiest damn kid I have ever met
- The entire book's worth of ribald tri-girl conversation at Saturday night's party - none of which I can remember now. Oh, for an audio recorder.
No comments:
Post a Comment